Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pray without ceasing...

Paul tells us to do this (1 Thessalonians 5:17), but what does it mean?  Well, here's my take.  Pray all the time, literally ALL THE TIME.  Don't store up all your prayers in your mind where they will likely be forgotten throughout the day, and then try to spew them all out as you lay in bed and fall asleep.

Pray. All. The. Time. 

Talk to God all day, like He is right there with you...because HE IS.  Don't wait to make an appointment with Him or wait to check in with Him when you are not busy.  Remember if the devil can't make you sin, he sure will keep you busy.  If Christ is IN you, talk to Him like He is.  He is right there with you always and He wants to hear from you always.  I almost never sit down and try to pray.  When something comes into my mind, I just pray it, right then and there.  No need for a lot of time and special words.  I pray while I am folding laundry, cooking, cleaning, even while talking to other people and driving (scary huh?). I share my heart with God a little bit at a time all day long.  He already knows what's in there anyway.  Isn't it nice when your own children come to you and share their hearts even if you already know what they have done or want to ask you?  Doesn't it make you feel loved? I wonder if that is how He feels when we come to Him?

No comments: