Saturday, July 30, 2011

There are a lot of things I could say, but right now this is all I can think of..... "HELP!!!!"

As in... LORD, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!  As the first day of school approaches....and really I don't even know when that is anymore because it was suppose to be this Monday...like in 2 days...but I am so NOT READY it is not even funny.  If there were ever a time when I felt completely inadequate and unprepared for this whole homeschooling thing...it would be NOW.  Last year I was so excited for the beginning of the year.  It was my first year with both kids, and I had no idea what was in store for me.  Now I am a wee bit wiser, and really the only thing I can say is.....LORD, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!  Yea, I know I already said that but it bears repeating...many times. 

Many people tell me when they hear that I homeschool, "Oh, wow you must be so patient." This makes me laugh out loud...because...let me make this clear... I AM NOT PATIENT.  I am the opposite of patient and this I am convinced is one of the reasons the Lord has called me to homeschool. You see, He is still working on me (and boy, does he have His work cut out).  And so I know that my only hope is to PRAY....a lot...and lean on Him because, surely I do not have this under control.  I absolutely cannot do this by myself.  It is only by His grace that I can homeschool.  So Lord if you are listening (and I know You always are).....Please help me to do this, because I can't on my own and please prepare my children's hearts...oh please just guide us all!  Yall pray for us too, pretty please!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Ha! OH I understand!!! Now that you know....you know to be afraid. Very afraid!

I'm kidding. Believe it or not, you can have a great year EVEN if you are not ready. And you'll be surprised by what you can get ready on Sunday night! And all you really have to be ready for is the first week. Cause then you get another weekend to work, right?

I'm starting year 5 (how is that possible?) next Monday (one more week) and I'm SO not ready either!!!

Lula Bee said...

LOL Brenda! I am now at 11:30 PM mostly ready I think. It's just I am not mentally ready. I still want it to be summer...can you hear the world's tiniest violin? PS- I love reading your blog!