Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cake Night

Did you ever see a bunch of little boys bake cakes?? L1's Cub Scout pack had a Cake Night contest at their last Den Meeting.
He wanted to enter his in the "Most Colorful" category...
fitting for a boy who loves rainbows.
His cake was Gluten and Casein Free of course, and I swear I am not biased, it was the best tasting one there. I have finally found a delish GFCF cake mix for Chocolate Cake and of course "Butter"cream icing made with Earth's Balance and Vanilla Silk instead of butter and milk is so YUMMY!!!! There were lots of people eating his cake with NO idea that it was milk and wheat free.
In spite of all the most colorful color you see here, he got beat out of his category by a very bright cake covered in Skittles...that's ok he had so much fun making this one!

1 comment:

TaDa! Creations said...

Allison, can you e-mail me the recipe? I have a girlfriend who along with her 3 yo were just diagnosed w/ colitis.

tx,
Angel