Monday, January 26, 2009

Andalucia "Fire & Ice"





I was so excited to get my hands on this gorgeous fabric by Patty Young. The colors are beyond vibrant and just dreamy when paired with these other cool tone prints. My unmodely girl is starting to like these photo sessions. This time we walked on a little nature trail behind our library and she was totally enthralled with collecting rocks- I think she liked the rocks more than the lollipop. That's my little nature girl.


I am just starting to realize how much the things I say to her are really shaping her little personality. She made a point to show me all the differences in the trees we saw..."this one is skinny and has tall bark, and look over there that one is has a bump bark". Well, at least she is thinking about it.
The other day she dropped part of her banana on the grass outside and tells me "oh it's ok a bird will come eat it...but i would never never ever drop gum, he would choke"
When recounting the events from her day at school she often tells me about so and so getting in trouble and when I ask her if she did this or that unapproved activity her response is usually "No, Momma. I have my own mind." Thank goodness!
Last night I asked what i thought was a simple question concerning a pile of blocks on the floor..
Me: "Who dumped these blocks out?"
L1: "but my wii remotes were in there"
L2: "but I'm wearing the can"
Maybe it's better that I just don't ask anymore.

No comments: