Monday, February 16, 2009

In A Day

...trip that is.





We went to visit my Granny today. Three hours up and three hours back in one day, it's not too bad of a trip really. She and my Papa farmed the land years ago and the place is littered with reminders of an era gone by. I love the country...I mean love it. I does something for the soul to go to a place where you can look in all directions and basically see no other sign of human life. I think it is the expanse of space I love. Nothing but grass and trees and little critters all around. A far cry from the smashed together houses where we live. I took about a million photos today realizing I don't have any that showed the simple features of the landscape there, all the things that seem so familiar to me in this place I have spent countless vacations since my birth. I am getting acquainted with photoshop and spent most of the drive home "playing" with it on my laptap (seems the colors on my laptap where I did my editing are MUCH less vivid than here on my desktop at home).

2 comments:

TaDa! Creations said...

Allison, your photos are F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!! WOW girl, all I can say is WOW!

Lula Bee said...

THANKS!! Amazing what pictures you can get from a gorgeous location mixed with a 10% knowledge of photoshop huh!?