Friday, June 13, 2008

Beads Don't Smell Good

I so wish I had a picture of the momentous event that occured here this morning- I think? On our way to the video game store to buy robby's Father's Day Gift with the kids, I hear Lon start to cry and yell "Get out! Get out!" I'm thinking that's a funny way to tell her brother to stop touching her, but whatever. She then proceeds to tell me in a very weepy voice that there is a bead stuck in her nose and she can't breathe. EEERK! I whipped in a parking spot and jumped out to to get to the back seat. I saw the bead alright, but just barely- it was wedged in way past the point of being rescued by me. She could breathe just fine, but was very scared so even though I was FREAKIN OUT, I did my best good mommy imitation and stayed very calm, reassuring her that of course the dr would be able to get it out no problem (even though I was not so sure).

As I raced to the emergency clinic a few miles down the road I was thinking about what would happen if I got pulled over and had to tell the nice occifer that we had a "bead up nose" emergency. Would he believe me?? How many times a day does he hear that one?? I was so shocked when we arrived how fast they took us back and within probably 7 minutes from the time of stuffage the dr popped it right out. Amazing!

So after this whole incident I felt like something profound had happened and I really needed to find her baby book that I have documented almost nothing in and write this down. " 12 Months- First Steps, 3.5 Years- Stuffed a Bead Up Nose" But instead I decided just to tell you guys!

So do you want to know where this bead came from???? We had just left the grocery store where we dumped $70 someodd dollars worth of change into one of those coin counting machines where they rob you blind cause you are too lazy to count your own money. Among the other junk that we found mixed in with these coins was this one pink bead. She would give no reply as to WHY in the bejesis she shoved it up there, but when I asked her if she was trying to smell it, she looked at me a while and then said yes. So I further inquired if it smelled good- "No, beads don't smell good mommy". In case you wanted to know.....

3 comments:

erin said...

omg, on this side of it, it's pretty funny! Glad she's okay!

Rebekah said...

This is hilarious! And partly because I know exactly what this is like... last year Claire stuck a Polly Pocket shoe up her nose, and we ended up at urgent care, too. Same thing - I have no idea why she did it, but she's never done it again AND she came home from the clinic & told big sis, "It hurt so much, don't EVER do it!"

Amy said...

OMG I am glad she is ok - a funny story afterwards that you can laugh at years later!