Monday, March 3, 2008

Let's Get Personal

I went looking for a picture of my husband, Robby, to add and right off I knew which picture I was looking for. This has been one of my favorite photos of him, something about the ease of his expression I just love here. What I was not prepared for was how far back I would have to go to find it. This day seems literally just like yesterday, and somehow 3 years have past. How is this possible??


He is an amazing person and has truly been my Prince Charming. I have known him since I was 13 (we actually met at the bus stop!). He came riding in on his white horse right after Luke was born and his dad took off for greener pastures. What is that quote?? Something like "When God closes a door, he opens a window." So true!




When Luke was later diagnosed with Autism we were warned by one of the doctors about the soaring divorce rates between parents of Autistic children. At the time I did not understand why, but now 4 yrs later I get how it can happen- there are a lot of extra issues that you deal with. But we are not dealing with your average man here. When I quit work to stay home with Luke and start his ABA therapy, Robby picked up the slack working 7 days a week for over year with only a handful of days off so that we could afford this therapy that has saved his life in my opinion. No one would ever know that he is not Luke's biological father, he loves him as his own truly. Sometimes I wonder what I have done to deserve such an angel, I may never know.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

OH Allison! That post gave me goosebumps! That's so sweet! you're lucky to have him - and he's lucky to have someone who appreciates him so much! :)

Lula Bee said...

Thanks Debbie! That's not to say we don't have our bickery moments. But I do TRY to keep things in perspective about how blessed I am. Thanks for my first comment!