Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Mother's Day, A Tag & Journal Modiste!



Yes, I know it's a little early. But I had the most delicious tea and cake at my daughter's Mother's Day Tea Party at school today. She actually served ME for a change- that was very interesting. And she ended up eating all the icing out of our little cup before the cakes were even passed around so they were a little dry, but oh so SWEET.


See all of the cute little bobs on her friends??? I just love bobs on little girls, but I cannot bring myself to cut her hair. I was traumatized when my own mom cut off my flowing "Crystal Gayle" locks and gave me a "Dorthy Hamel" doo in kindergarten.




OK now for the tag... thanks to Annette of Pickles & Co for showing me that it is OK to tag people you don't actually know that well. I tagged some total strangers last time and was worried i may be breaking some invisible bloggy etiquette rule. Whew! I am not too terribly interesting though people, so to cut down on the tag mania I am just gonna tag a few who haven't had it yet...K? (Man, some more people need to get bloggin so we can spread this around more evenly!)

1- Since my children have used my body to make their entrances into this world, it has never been the same, and I'm not just talking about the usual droops and expansions that come with babes. I now have these crazy meat "issues" that never went away after pregnancies. I can't even actually pinpoint what the aversion is to, but I can hardly eat anything with ground beef, no steak at all, and chicken only if it feels a certain way. Don't ask me what that way is- I couldn't tell you- but I know the wrong way when I taste it. Just give me salad and some brownies instead!



2- I have not woken up on my body's own natural accord in over 6 years.



3- This may make me sound a little like a basket case, but somehow with children all my minor fears have turned into something close to phobias. I guess it is the fear of something happening that will take me out of this life and leave them behind. I do anything I can not to stop in traffic under any kind of overpass. When I get on a long bridge I frantically review in my mind how I would get everyone unstrapped and out of the car should it come tumbling down and hold onto them all as I swim us to safety. I have reoccurring nigthmares about tidal waves.



4- I am completely fascinated with trees. I have a degree in biology, so I understand how it works (or at least I used to remember), but it still seems totally impossible that something so big and heavy can stand up and not fall over day after day. My husband's dream vacation is to go to Las Vegas which sounds like las hell to me, mine is to the Giant Redwoods Forest. And I have a "thing" about the look of the sun as it filters through a tree's branches. I catch myself including photos in my listings that are in no way flattering to the set, but show some great filtered sunlight.



5- I am a horrible planner when it comes to groceries and dinners. I go to Publix at least 5 days a week.



6- I am in love trees, but give me a plant and I will kill it (quickly).



7- Some INSANE person decided that I should be the Designer of the Week on Journal Modiste! What is this world coming too??!!



Ok...so here are the rules:

1. Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


K- I tag...

Natalee of Small Something

Sarah of Bella Jo Bows

PamperingBeki

Kelly of Emerson Rose

Debbie! When are going to start a blog???? Maybe you are waiting til you sprout a third arm so you will have the time??

4 comments:

TaDa! Creations said...

I totally remember the Dorthy Hamel do too! I had beautiful long blond hair like London until I had my first major haircut in 1st grade. After that I had the DH from 2nd-4th grade. I realized it was a bad thing when I told the stylist thast my Mom said to just cut it like Dorothy Hamel and she said "Who?" LOL I'm never cutting my girls hair until they want me to!

But I love Bobs too. Have you seen Jenn of takeabowcreations little girls? They are just the cutest ever with their short hair. I think it makes their eyes really stand out.

Congrats on the upcoming JM feature too!

~Angel

Lula Bee said...

Thanks Angel! Yes, I have seen Jenn's little girls and they are just ADORABLE! I wonder how many others of us are out there with DH flashbacks??

Sarah Hanners said...

Congrats on being designer of the week on JM!!! WTG!!! Your designs are awesome! I'm trying to figure out 7 people that I can tag that haven't been already..I'm not very good at this whole blogging thing yet.lol.

Lula Bee said...

Thanks SArah! I think your bows and blog look great! I definitly did not know 7 people last time I was tagged- I was kinda scared but I got some strangers and they were very nice and played along. As you can see I didn't do 7 this time either- its getting a little nuts with some people being tagged multiple times very close together! Pretty soon this tagging is going to have to end. :)