Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Whipped!


Oh my....I seriously cannot remember the last time I was this tired. I kept my sweet 17 month old niece (A) today. We had so much fun, but boy oh boy that girl can move. And with mine now at 6 and almost 4, our house is far from baby proofed anymore. Mine have already dismantled and outsmarted all the child locks from the cabinets and doors (shhh! don't tell hrs on me). And our house is like a sea of tiny choking hazards- our floors littered with miniature polly pocket shoes, lincoln logs and kinex. So unlike the old days when my kids were babies and I let then run free through the house, I had to be on serious duty today. Not to mention that when it is not my own kid, I feel a special obligation to make sure they make it through the day alive.


She really was a treat to have though. I loved watching L2 play mommy to her, breaking up all her food into tiny bites and leading her around the house offering her cheerios if she would just come follow her around. Not once did I hear the usaul drone of "mommmmmmmmmy who can I play with??!!"

L1 was in heaven too. Since his tag along little sis was occupied with her cousin all day, he was finally able to build his lincoln log cabins and hot wheel tracks in peace.

No comments: