Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yikes!

Wonder where I've been????



We are finally starting to dry out down here from Tropical Storm Fay. For the past 3 days we (me and the kids that is) have been cooped in the house. This time we were lucky, the power only going out for brief spells. So even though we couldn't go out I had the kids on a steady diet of Scooby Doo, Air Buddies and Wii- wonderful huh? Thankfully Fay did not hit us as a hurricane, only as a VERY slow moving Tropical Storm. Still enough to scare the pants off me. The sound of the wind howling and the sheets of rain hittting the side of the house made me feel like we were on a sinking ship. Our bedroom windows face the northeast so it was so loud in there I had to "sleep" in the recliner in the living room. Notice I said "I"...Robby managed to escape our island home in his dad's big mamoth truck and work both nights. All in all we fared pretty well though and I think today we can finally get out of the neighborhood in the ol Camry. Woohoo- I've never been so excited to go to Publix!

3 comments:

TaDa! Creations said...

Yikes, I'm so glad you guys are ok and no major damage. That would have been pretty scary!

~Angel

Jona Giammalva said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were right there. I hope things have dried out a little (and you had fun at Publix!).

melbytoast said...

Oh my goodness Allibee!! That is crazy stuff! (Geez--wonder what it would have looked like if it HAD been a hurricane?) Glad you're safe and sound (and the kids are doped up on Scooby and Wii, lol).

(((Hugs)))

Kristen