Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TRUST ME.......This hurts me more than it hurts you!


Well...in an effort to promote "Truth in Blogging" (thanks Lila and Chelsea) Here it is......my sewing room. AHem...My HALF sewing room and HALF kids playroom. I have not been able to escape the toys in our tiny house, even my own little retreat is full of their... well, you know.


Now in my defense, this is pretty much my limit- I mean as bad as it gets. I go through progressive phases til I get to the point that I just can't take it anymore and go on a rampage clean. It's just so hard to stop doing the creating that I go in there for to try to esacpe the rest of my chaotic life and then... actually do more of the same thing I do every other living moment of the day- CLEAN!


Often I will look around and wonder how in the heck things got in the places they landed. I have no good explaination, except that when I am putting something together fabric is flying and usually small people are bringing me various items that need some sort of "fixing" or "opening" or just generally require my attention in some form. Why are there 3 timers on my tables?? No, I do not time myself while sewing, but I do sometimes get caught up in a fierce game of "Hey, Mom- Time me while I play Perfection (and no I need to use a different timer than the one on the actual game)".


I really feel like I need some kind of ariel shot to fully capture the expanse, but you get the idea.

Oh, and if you look really hard you may see a sneek of my new Christmas skirt that is awaiting my completion of its applique top....it's coming....

2 comments:

Jenn~ said...

Ohhh your room looks like mine...no worries....hehehehe.....we all have rooms like that I think....love the new design in the corner, can't wait to see all of it....:)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! :)