Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Gonna Cry

What happened to my sweet baby boy who sat fascinated watching Kipper and Harold with his magical purple crayon? I've wanted to keep that innocent nature with him and have had to be pulled kicking and screaming into the world of the BIG BOY......I have fought Spongebob and Transformers and kept them at bay for the most part. But it really started with Scooby Doo. Now, as a kid I myself loved me some Scooby, but somehow it seems so much scarier now that my babies want to watch it. We did have one stipulation, and that was we only watched the OLD sckool Scooby shows, the new ones are actually more scary in my opinion. Then this weekend it happened....

Yep, Star Wars... I guess it's ok, I mean he does turn 7 in less than 2 months. I have already heard most of the other little boys in his class talking some SW game on more than one occasion, so it seems I have been holding him back in the social circles by not letting him watch it. I just want to keep all those fighting images out of his fresh young mind and keep it full of balloons and fairy tales somehow. But today I lost my battle. He sat with his dad, glued to the couch through back to back episodes of both the first Star Wars and the Empire Strikes back. And came home with a book he had made of pictures retelling these fabulous new adventures... adventures much more riveting than any with little Harold. So now it is real, he is a BIG guy who will go back to school on Monday with his recounts of the "Meninium Falcon" and Storm Troopers, etc. just like those other boys....Wah!!!!!

No comments: