Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Baby's First Blister!

Photobucket

Photobucket

OK, first off, I know you are wondering just what in the world Lukie is about to do with that hand posed above her head and that smirk...yeah...I know it looks like he is about to give her a good whack, but he actually patted her gently on the head and said "Good job, London".

So my baby had her very first recital tonight, and it was such an exciting time for all of us. I think she was in shock that mommy was actually suggesting that she wear that much make-up, and the REAL makeup too, not that play stuff. I was so proud of her because she did all of it with a big smile on her face and and even bigger blister on her heel.

Remember when I said she was gaining pounds over night??? Well, apparently her feet have been gaining inches at the same time. I swear we just bought her new tap shoes 3 weeks ago and I thought those were big at a mere size 10.5. At dress rehersal this morning I noticed she was not tapping like her usuall self and when she came off the stage she was crying that her shoe hurt. well, lo and behold she had a huge open blister on her heal. So after a trip to Walgreens for bandage supplies and the dance store for more new shoes (a 11.5 this time), I was hoping for the best tonight.

I stayed back with her thinking I would try to wait til the last minute to put on her new shoes, but she would have none of that and wanted to be just like the other girls who were tapping away 45 minutes before they were to go on. She never even complained once.

No comments: