Thursday, December 4, 2008

In Summary

2 Kids with Pneumonia...before, during and after Thanksgiving...I don't recomend it, at all. Thank God for Emergency Rooms and Antibiotics...they're all better now...and so happy mommy FINALLY let them go outside...



This is the first year that I actually did not decorate the Christmas tree. Seriously, they did it themselves with chairs and step stools. As soon as I realized it I was so sad. I can remember when they were so little I was afraid to let them touch certain orniaments for fear they would break... Now that all of those are long gone, they have free reign. Luckily I am not particular about orniament placement.....






I ran into a friend from back in my working days after Prep class at our church the other night. We just said quick hellos and I was thinking to myself "Why is he picking up someone else's kids???? Where are A and K???" Upon closing my car door it hit me like a tidal wave.... those teenagers WERE A & K. I've been home for 5 years now....

Did you see the handprint on the mantle above?? It came home from L2's PreK today with the following message..

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But every day I'm growing up
And soon I'll be so tall
That all those little handprints
Will be hard to recall.
So, here's a special handprint
Just to say
This is how my fingers looked
When I placed them here today.


I just cried and cried!

1 comment:

TaDa! Creations said...

I love this little poem so much I had to write it down. I would have totally cried too!

~Angel