Saturday, December 20, 2008

WOW CPSIA!! So now we will be Stay At Home Criminals???

Read this if you don't already know about it.

I bet you didn't know it...but all of us crafty boutique designers have been secretly plotting to posion your children with lead ( have you ever heard of COTTON fabric that contains lead??). Aw man, looks like the government finally outsmarted us and now wants us either behind bars or sitting twittling our thumbs at home wondering how we are going to make ends meet enough to stay home with our children. Now I don;t really think this law was ever really intended for us, but the wording is such that it appears it will be the end of custom boutique as we know it. I am still looking for some answer that says it will not affect us, but so far I can't find one.

It's a good thing I can sew, I guess though in light of the fact that companies like TCP and Gymboree will no longer be able to afford to stay in business with all the testing they will have to do. What company can afford this testing???? Certainly not us little guys (would you like to pay $500 for a patchwork skirt??? More fabrics = more cost for testing). But I bet lots of even the larger retailers will not be able to absorb this cost. I guess after Feb 10 my girl will be the only one wearing my creations- or will that be illegal too???

No comments: