Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Little Spacey


When I was a kid, I can remember vividly all the daydreaming I did. I was thinking things through all the time and happy to be with my own thoughts. They were good thoughts, I was a happy kid. I was reminded of this recently while having a talk with L2's preK teacher. This teacher is by far my favorite teacher my kids have had ever, very sweet and patient and we just all around LOVE her. I have now had the pleasure of having both of my babies go through her class and frankly I would be thrilled if she could just go following them all through their school years.

We were very happy with L2's progress and the things we heard she was doing at school and then this little word popped up "spacey- sometimes, just a little bit". I was not surprised, I have seen it myself at times. But it feels kinda like the blind leading the blind if I am to do anything about it. So what does it mean exactly? Well, for me, I have always felt like my mind is a little unruly, like it has a mind of it's own (no pun intended). It is never thinking of nothing, quite the opposite, it is thinking about most things in depth. It thinks about colors and sunlight a lot, music and misc analysis of words. I can only wonder what hers is thinking on, but one day maybe she will tell me. I imagine some parents may hear that word and think some action must be taken to correct it, but I am not one of those. I am happy to have my little thinker :).



Remember this one? Now listed as a custom...

No comments: