Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Drawing

My big guy has taken an interest in drawing as of late after his class watched a vhs tape (from the 80's I think) about how to draw animals etc. Having no luck tracking down this video on Amazon we headed off to Barnes & Noble in search of some drawing books....


This one by Ed Emberley was just what I was hoping to find. Perfect for any aspiring artist, it has shows how to use very simple shapes and put them together step by step to create a ...


masterpiece! (yes, it's an elephant...the first one he's ever drawn!)




And we got this one for my little princess artist....





At first I was taken aback at how much smaller her creations were than those in the book...guess tiny fingerprints make tiny creatures.













1 comment:

TaDa! Creations said...

What a great find! So cute!